The Down Syndrome Association of Jacksonville is BEYOND EXCITED to officially announce that we have a Community Partnership with the GATE Foundation!
The GATE Foundation will be supporting Down syndrome awareness throughout the month of April! The foundation will be raising funds and awareness for the DSAJ by selling Buddy Stars to display in over 65 Gate Stores in the Southeast USA, including Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas. The Buddy Stars will be sold at the register at the stores from April 1-21, 2017.
Buddy for a Buck Star Contest!
Buy a Buddy Star and take a photo of you or your loved one holding it, and then send the picture to Desiree via email. For every different picture you submit, your name will be entered into a drawing to win a Summer Beach Wagon filled with cool swag to make your summer awesome!
- Contest runs from April 1- April 21, 2017.
- Email photos with your first and last name to Desiree
- Drawing winner will be notified by Tuesday, April 25, 2017.
Be sure to post your photos of your loved one with Down syndrome holding their Buddy Star onto your social media platforms using the hashtag #SeeTheAbility
Note: Some of the photos submitted will appear on the DSAJ’s social media pages or on our website. By submitting your photo, you are granting permission for the DSAJ to use the photo.
The DSAJ would like to thank the following businesses for supporting our efforts to spread awareness and raise funds for the Down Syndrome Association of Jacksonville:
- The GATE Foundation, GATE’s philanthropic arm, which supports efforts and services that nurture and protect the well-being of family and community.
- Fast Signs Baymeadows
- Minute Man Press San Marco
- J & J Design
- The UPS Store- Owner, Pete Loftis